damolade consulting[STRATEGY] : A PLAN, METHOD, OR SERIES OF MANEUVERS FOR OBTAINING A SPECIFIC GOAL OR RESULT.
In partnership with:
Goals: Reimagine three Adcouncil sites– the AdCouncil, PSACentral & AdLibbing, into one main site. Update and extend their brand online.
What We Did:
- Rebrand, redesign, & rebuild 3-websites into 1. (Carbon Five)
- Communications strategy (Wordland)
- SEO strategy
- Analytics consulting
Results so far:
- Form submissions from SEO are up overall by 172% (new partners & email subscriptions)
- PSA asset requests up 234%
- PSA downloads are up 210%
Red Nose Day
Goals: Comic Relief started Red Nose Day in the UK, but now the fundraising campaign is operated as two separate entities on both sides of the pond. When the US-based organization met with damolade in 2018, the Digital Director, Mitch Hansen was concerned with the site’s organic visibility. RedNoseDay.org wasn’t ranking on the first page of search engine results. So they asked for help developing a strategy to develop the organization’s On-page SEO, Technical SEO, and improving overall search engine positions and technical performance.
What We Did:
- Developed SEO content strategy
- Enriched rich search results (structured data)
- Optimized information architecture
- On-page optimizations of existing landing pages and blog posts
- Created new pages and posts to fill content gaps
- Setup and monitored keyword position growth
- Maintained technical SEO health
Results: 20% growth in non-branded keywords due to increased content marketing, leading to an 80% increase in new users to the site year over year and 4.08% year-over-year organic growth of new donor contributions.
Austin Women’s Health Center
Goals: AWHC’s goal was to overhaul its content strategy, create more effective marketing campaigns, and reach more patients in Central Texas. Many patients were stripped of crucial family-planning medical services in their communities due to restrictive and unnecessary abortion laws in Texas.
What We Did:
- Updated brand positioning
- Overhauled content strategy
- Led a content strategy workshop for staff
- Researched and documented patient personas
- Produced actionable style guides for copywriting & social media
- Documented a WordPress training manual for clinic staff
- Researched & Implemented a local SEO strategy
- Added conversion tracking (Google Tag Manager) for tracking scheduled appointments and form submissions, in Spanish & English
- Designed brand assets such as updated clinic brochure and business cards
Results: During month one, we increased traffic by 23%. Our on-site engagement went up 45% and conversions increased 29% month over month. After optimizing three new pages on the website, each went on to rank in the number-one position for keywords around “abortion care in the Austin & Killeen, Texas area.” In the final six-month period, compared to the previous six months, traffic went from 9,600 visits to 15,491 visits. Pageviews improved by 34%. We oversaw a huge increase in followers and engagement across all social media channels and helped grow the audience faster than competitors. Over a 14 week period, social media traffic went from 72 visits to 215 visits compared to the previous 14 weeks. Of those visits, 190 were from new users. Pageviews also improved, from 31 to 75. We converted patients; and their numbers improved quarter over quarter, using local SEO profiles for Austin Women’s Health & Brookside Women’s Medical Centers. We received 37% more calls to the clinic and 3% more requests for directions from Google My Business Page/Maps listing.